Monday, September 29, 2008


I miss Tim Russert

I really miss Tim Russert this election seasion. I loved seeing his pure enthusiasm for his job, and the whole democratic process. Now as we're in the mist of challenging times, I REALLY miss him. Even though Tim seemed to be an ardent liberal, this conservative still liked his line questioning and loved how giddy he was showing us all his white board, or his maps. I feel bad for that guy that NBC has now. He's a pollster or something and just doesn't have the personality that Tim did.

I had the pleasure of meeting Tim at a bar once in Boston in the fall of 2001, just after that horrible day. I was at a table and noticed him, having a beer milling about at the bar. I sent my then-boyfriend out to get a camera and we went up and introduced ourselves and told him how much we enjoyed his show. He seemed as thrilled at our compliment as a novice might be when someone said he or she did something right. I was impressed to see how humble this great man was.

I was even at a luncheon yesterday when one of the ladies at the table mentioned how much she missed him. I guess I'm not the only one!
Godspeed Tim!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home